Friday, December 28, 2012

How then, do I want to live the rest of my life? Is that just another way to ask "what is the meaning of life?"

Are my career, and my recreation, and my fiends, and good food, and good drink enough?

We seem to be hurting trough space and time with a brain that likes to trick us into believing that we have far more power, and far more control than we actually do. Yet, we can't deny that we have some impact on the world. We must push our selves to take another step forward in what we believe is the right direction.

Is happiness best pursued alone? Are there forms of cooperation or competition that can make two happier than one. If so, what are they?

I'm on a quiet vacation for the first time in a long time, For a while, I can sit an think. Perhaps I've been reading one too many "happiness' books. Either way, I want to get my thoughts down, and to develop them.

I have nine more days of vacation and no commitments. This is enough time to read a little, meditate a little, write a little, work around the house, and exercise. I want to put this time to good use.


No comments: