Monday, November 4, 2019

Mindset

By Carol S. Dweck Ph.D.

We can learn and grow throughout or life. It's an endless task. We have to keep learning and growing, forgiving, forgetting, taking one step forward each day. We do not have to be who we are today if we put constant effort into learning.

When you make a mistake, or want to learn something, don't just vow to do better next time. Come up with a vivid, concrete plan.

Not "I am going to stay away from Facebook." but "When I am on my phone, I will do X, Y or Z. I will put timers on social medial to limit their use." or "When I get up, I will have a cup of coffee and then I will sit at my laptop, open up Word and start working on such and such."

In relationships, we have to get out of the trap of treating each other like they are stuck. We have to push our selves to constantly grow.

Keep your internal monologue away from judging yourself or others. Think about how you could improve things. Go for it. Make it happen. Develop your skills. Pursue your dream. Put in extra effort. 

No comments: