Wednesday, March 14, 2018

The Organized Mind

I think this is the third time I've read the organized mind. I keep hoping for an easier lesson to learn from it, but no, it's lessons stay the same.

1... organize. Organizaiton is very personal, don't expect someone elses sytem to work for you.
2. Exteranlize your memory. Write things down. Put a key tray by the door. Keep a list of searchable contacts so that you know when and how you met someone.
3. Think Criticially. Satisfice. Think in terms of boundaries, and not exact aqnswers.
4. Have a junk drawn, even a mental junk drawer or ticker file. It's ok to have this, not every organizaiton system will cover everything.
5. Do the work of staying organized. This is where I fail most often. 

I think I will uninstall Facebook and other social media apps from my phone. Maybe I'll also start putting my phone in airplane mode when I'm in an important discussion.

No comments: