Thursday, July 26, 2007

What's this all about...

The point of this blog is to make sure I don't get stuck in a rut. I want to perform little experiements with my life and see how they go.

Once a month, I will make somekind of change in my life. I will use this blog to record the change, to write down ideas for future changes, and more generally, write down things I want to remember.

Project #1 Try out the "Getting Things Done." workflow. The idea behind getting things done is that you should make how you portion out your daily work, mechanical, so that you can spend all your time on doing work, and not worring about what you forgot, or what you have to do next. So far I am still sorting through my paper work-- deciding what is reference, what needs to be dealt with and what is garbage. I'm suprized how much work it takes to get organized.

I fortunatly have a driver for this. I got a noticed from the IRS that there is a discrepency in my 2005 tax statement, so I need to sort through all my paperwork from two years ago. sigh.

No comments: